What does it treat?
- During the fracturing process sandy soils can cause lose sand fines to migrate into fluids, creating a sludge that is more viscous and can damage the wellbore. When sprayed into the well before injection fluids, ZetaPro™ can coat the walls and reduce the migration of sand fines.
- ZetaPro™ can also be used to treat the sand and other proppants that are injected with fluid to support and stabilize the fractures. Because it changes the zeta potential of the proppant in an irregular ionic formation, the particles become larger and bond together to create a sieve that the oil can pass through easily. The amalgamation of larger particles can then be easily captured by screens when treating processed water for recycling and reuse purposes.
- ZetaPro™ can be pumped through coiled tubing or existing tubulars reducing the need for specialized equipment. The newly coated material reduces stress conditions, damage to skins, and corrosion, leaving fewer sharp edges or exposed minerals.
- ZetaPro™ has a treatment life of greater than 1 year.
- ZetaPro™ helps restore the aggregation of grounded coal.
How is it applied?
- ZetaPro™ is squeezed into formation at a solution typically 10% in water/2% KCl. Since it is only water dispersible, it must be kept agitated at the surface in the treatment brine. The wells should be shut in for more than 24 hours with annulus packing to ensure delivery.
How is it shipped?
- ZetaPro™ is dark red in color and has a pungent amine or ammonia odor. It is shipped in liquid form in lined metal drums, stainless steel totes, bulk containers of stainless steel.
Contact us today for more information.